MIMI AND MOMO

MIMI AND MOMO
ME, MYSELF & I

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

PATCHED QUILT

I've been trying to promote patched quilts to others recently. These patched quilts are hand made and not machine made. My aunt made these and she has been doing patched quilts when she has free time which is actually everyday. She's single and working at home doing patched quilts. These are actually a few of her outcome. There are more but I haven't upload some of the pictures yet. And there are some more coming soon. People keep on asking me why it is expensive. Well, to be honest, it is not an easy task. And it takes at least a month to complete the whole set if you are committed and dedicated. And to have a good quality patched quilt, it has to be done by hand and not machine. Seriously, hand made patched quilt last longer than machine made.
My aunt is using the left over cloth that my aunt Annie (so-called home tailor,Sibu) gave after she has completed making clothes and the left over is not being used. So she will send it over to my aunt here in Mukah. Usually the left over cloth are from Baju Kurung cloth. Very colourful and still new. Yesterday, I noticed that my aunt is making new pattern of patched quilt. I'm not sure what pattern is she making this time but I'll upload some more once I take pictures of her patched quilts... If you are interested to have one, you can give me call.... (019-8578033)

Price can be negotiate. But I'm telling you it's not cheap. Coz it's not an easy task k. I've tried mine and to tell you honestly, not that easy to complete the whole set of patched quilt even if it single size. If you are not dedicated and committed, don't hope that you can complete it within a month. Maybe it will take years for you to complete it or perhaps never at all. hehehehe... Below are some other patched quilts that she has made. Feel free to view... 


No comments:

Post a Comment